Second Opinion Magazine
Think Green: Great Products
Lemongrass Spa Lemongrass Spa offers fresh, handmade, natural spa treats. As women, we are often so busy taking care of others that we forget to take care of ourselves. Lemongrass Spa is a company with heart, that cares about women and will come and pamper you in the comfort of your home. The products we offer are safe, affordable and immensely enjoyable. We select only the highest-grade ingredients to go onto your skin and test on people not on animals. We are 100 percent free of phthalates, paraben, alcohol, gluten, mineral oil and sodium lauryl sulfate as well as vegan friendly. We are a women owned and inspired debt-free USA company. For more information contact Karen Vieth at Karen Vieth, Senior Director, 715-879-4225 or email@example.com. www.ourlemongrassspa.com/897
Badger Balm Every single ingredient is held to the “Badger Natural Standard”; a rigorous look at the growth, sustainability, and supply chain of each ingredient. That means that when you use Badger products, you can be sure that you are using the purest, most natural products available. And because the USDA Organic Certification is a food-grade standard, our ingredients are even pure enough to eat!
We harness the powers of aromatherapy, vitamin rich oils, essential oils, and minerals to soothe, smooth, and protect your skin and your mind. This means that Badger is a total body/mind/spirit experience. badgerbalm.com
A Wild Soap Bar Our truly natural products are handmade in the USA, biodegradable, cruelty free, minimally packaged with recycled & recyclable materials, and do not contain synthetic fragrance oils, petroleum products, FD&C dyes, parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl or laureth sulfates, antibacterial triclosan, TEA, or other harmful chemicals. All of our base oils are certified organic. The organic palm oil we use is from Columbia and is RSPO certified as well as Rain Forest Alliance certified. We try to be mindful of every purchase we make and strive to support fair trade, organic, and sustainable businesses whenever possible.
EveryDay Shea EveryDay Shea is an extension of Alaffia Sustainable Skin Care. Alaffia was founded by Olowo-n’djo Tchala, a Togolese native, as a way to generate funds to conduct community enhancement projects in his home country and other West African nations in order to reduce poverty and gender inequality. Olowo-n’djo believes that Africans can mobilize their natural resources in a sustainable manner to empower their own communities, and that this is a more sustainable avenue toward reducing poverty than waiting for outside aid or for corrupt governments to fall. Alaffia and the Alaffia Shea Butter Cooperative were founded in order to trade the indigenous resource – shea butter – in the West to raise proceeds that are then returned to Togo in the form of community projects.
EveryDay Shea is a continuation of this philosophy. EveryDay Shea is a value line product that is price-sensitive during this economically difficult time. It provides a way for health-conscious families in the West to afford clean, petroleum-free body lotion, while at the same time keeping the Alaffia cooperative members employed in Togo.
Products for Beauty
1. Butter London Nail Lacquer. Putting fashion and health on the same plane we never add formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, phthalates or parabens to any of our products. butterlondon.com
2. Earth Sourced Gentle Cleanser It’s only natural. Well, 99 percent natural. A cleanser gentle enough to use on babies also removes your makeup easily. paulaschoice.com
3. Cleure anti-wrinkle night cream is your best defense against premature aging. When you sleep, you need extra hydration for soft, beautiful skin. Night time wrinkle skin cream can provide needed nutrients and moisture. Cleure is the answer! cleure.com
4. For sensitive skin, Soothing Cleansing Milk is a daily cleanser with harmonizing, protective properties to calm sensitivity and help diminish the appearance of redness, while maintaining the skin’s natural moisture balance. drhauschka.com
5. Tom’s of Maine Relaxing Beauty Bar combines calming lavender and rich, moisturizing olive oil with natural vitamin E in this bar soap formula that leaves your skin clean and fresh. tomsofmaine.com
6. Jumping Juniper. Fruity juniperberry oil sorts out your oily, congested scalp, while lemon and lime make your hair clean and shiny and give it an extra fresh scent. lush.com
7. Badger Damascus Rose Face Oil – looking younger and more radiant with the power of rose oil. badgerbalm.com
8. The Instant Eye Lift made from natural, pure marine algae will take years off reducing appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness, leaving your eyes brightened and refreshed naturally. juicebeauty.com
9. Badger Balm is a super moisturizing organic salve for your dry cracked hands and any chapped, rough and weathered skin. USDA certified organic ultra-concentrated moisturizing power! Healing those gardening hands! badgerbalm.com
10. Making the change to non-toxic nail polish is one you won’t regret. Scotch Naturals is a safe and eco-friendly alternative to conventional polish. Our revolutionary water-based formula delivers long lasting, salon-quality results in a stunning array of sophisticated shades. scotchnaturals.com
11. Erbaviva Organic Belly Butter is the ultimate in protecting and pampering the belly during pregnancy. Expertly formulated with enriching organic essential oils of lavender, mandarin, sandalwood and rose to reduce the effects of stretch marks and ease itchiness.USDA Certified Organic.
12. Go Blue!! Mineral Makeup from Lemongrass Spa. Naturally derived and good for you and the earth. www.ourlemongrassspa.com/897
13. Flying Fox by Lush.com – The masses of sensual jasmine, ylang ylang and palmarosa oils work to relax your frazzled mind and a triple helping of honey keeps your skin cleansed, soft and sweet, even when your mood isn’t. lushusa.com
Products for Your Household
Household Traditions Powdered Dishwasher Detergent does NOT contain chlorine, phosphates, fillers or fragrances plus it leaves no residue on your dishes so you get a clean, safe sparkle. householdtraditions.com
Biokleen Produce Wash – Remove pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, waxes and soil for a healthier, safer diet and food preparation area. Helps hold natural taste and appearance longer, without the use of preservatives. biokleen.com
Tropical Traditions soaps are made with Organic Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil as their base, and the scented varieties use only high-quality organic essential oils. householdtraditions.com
Odors in your sink, tub or floor drain? Smelly garbage disposal? Here’s your answer. It leaves your kitchen smelling like clove and spice and is mother earth’s friend. freshwave.com
Mountain Green Foamy Soap – This safe and effective formula, made with plant-derived cleaning agents, works soothingly to cleanse your hands. Mountain Green products are all natural and skin sensitive. The light weight foam won’t dry out hands. Get this and more at buygreen.com.
GrabGreen Dish Soap – Biodegradable, non-toxic and phosphate-free, our dish soap is tough on grease and caked-on food but still gentle on your hands. Critter friendly and never tested on animals. Win Win for All! grabgreen.com
The Straw Cap is perfect for the treadmill and yoga class. The pivoting handle provides a great way to carry the bottle and stows out of the way while drinking. • Dishwasher safe (place cap on top rack/no need to remove silicone sleeve) • BPA/BPS-free and phthalate-free. Find it at buygreen.com
Yum, Yum! This stuff makes me want to wash my hands more than I should. awildsoapbar.com
Bac-Out’s live enzyme-producing cultures attack pet, food and beverage stains, organic waste, and odors until they are gone, digesting them back to nature, safely and naturally. Bac-Out is safe to use around children and pets, even birds. biokleen.com
Products for Your Little Ones
This bubble bath supports the Alaffia Healthy Baby Program, which provides nutrition and health care for babies in central Togo during their critical first eighteen months in an effort to reduce child mortality and malnutrition rates. everydayshea.com
Freshwave Odor Spray gives a sweet smell to any room or diaper pail without the cough inducing chemicals. Your NEW, HEALTHY alternative to freshen your air. freshwave.com
Night-Night Balm is a natural sleep balm specifically designed with children in mind, to help ease younger minds into the magical realm of the sleep world. badgerbalm.com
Beat the Rash naturally with Badger Calendula diaper cream. Rich in antioxidants and vitamins and has a calming effect on babies. badgerbalm.com
Tom’s Juicy Mint Mouthwash – your kids will be begging to swish with this. It really is that juicy! tomofmaine.com
Silikids Cups and Sippy • Silicone top stretches over and covers the top of any standard size glass, plastic or metal cup • Silicone grips glass and air suction keeps top in place • Can be used with the Siliskin 6oz Glass and Siliskin Sippy Cup • Dishwasher safe – silikids.com
Great for Baby or Mamma, rose, sunflower and avocado oils nurture and balance the skin while the soft scent evokes a feeling of comfort and protection. drhauschka.com
Toddler Toothpaste – Keep little ones teeth clean with fruity, fluoride free Training Paste. Good habits start early! tomofmaine.com
Rub a dub dub, green kids in the tub. Holy mackerel! What a natural soap! There will be no whaling in the tub with this gentle, chemical free soap. It’s cleansing and moisturizing with rich, long lasting foam. kissmyface.com